Empower Yourself Through Individual Initiative
Would you like learn how to become financially independent? Are you tired of corruption or other nonsense in the Nation, the Lago Vista City Council, and LVPOA? To change anything, it all starts with understanding your fate is up to you, that is why this site is named Individual Initiative and why the signature saying is "Empower Yourself Through Individual Initiative". Recently, Individual Initiative began connecting on twitter as well. Many have joined us there. Click the twitter follow icon on the top right, below the logo, and you can join us there too.
Saving, Investing, and Personal Finance Basics
- An Introduction
- Emergency Fund
- 6 Month Savings Fund and Alternate Career Plan
- Transitioning from Credit and Interest Expense Payments into Found Money
- Wants vs. Needs
- Budgets Are Goal Oriented
- Death Spiral or Ascending Helix?
- Pay More In Taxes!
- Three Ways To Use Time To Your Advantage
- Safety Nets vs. Saving and Investing
Saving, Investing, and Personal Finance Topics By Question
- Would you like learn how to become financially independent?
- Do unexpected events usually put you in debt?
- Are you worried about possible unemployment?
- Did you realize the money you pay for expenses can be transitioned into a kind of found money for you?
- Are you unable to save?
- Where does the money go?
- What can you do now to reduce your post retirement risks?
- How Can I Pay More In Taxes?
- Is Time Your Ally, Or Your Enemy?
- Why Provide for Yourself When Others Can Provide for You?
City of Lago Vista and City Council (COLV CC)
- Is our own Lago Vista City Council advertisement a part of the reason for the frequent battles over our Lago Vista Property Owners Association LVPOA private parks? Why doesn't our own Lago Vista City Council respect our interests?
- Are two Lago Vista Economic Development Alliance advertisements a part of the reason for the frequent battles over our Lago Vista Property Owners Association LVPOA private parks? Why doesn't the Lago Vista Economic Development Alliance respect our interests?
- I believe the 2011 City of Lago Vista (COLV CC) Election was aborted by cowardly acts, and that our Mayor Randy Kruger had cowardly acts regarding LVPOA park meetings. See the evidence, judge for yourself
- Socialized Golf Courses
Lago Vista POA (Lago Vista Property Owners Association)
- 2012 LVPOA Election Interviews
- Lago Vista and Lago Vista Property Owners Association LVPOA reach agreement on Boggy Ford park. There may be more to it than you know.
- Are these advertisements part of the reason for the frequent battles over our Lago Vista Property Owners Association LVPOA private parks? Why doesn't our Board protect our interests?
- The LVPOA still will not release the vote tally about the Park Lease from April 2011! Why?
- Lago Vista Property Owners Association Articles of Incorporation, the Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions, and the By-laws
- There are game changers here! "Texas Homeowners Association Law" copyright 2010, by Gregory S. Cagle, a legal expert on the subject in the state of Texas
- My ideal platform for a Lago Vista Property Owners Association (LVPOA) Director, and for the Board of Directors as a group
- Don't Be Fooled, Know who has been truthful, who hasn't: Documentation regarding the Park sale and Lease events from June 2010-April 2011. There is a lot of evidence here, some remain on the board (many articles, many emails)
- Monthly Lago Vista POA (Lago Vista Property Owners Association) BOD meeting (on the Lago Vista POA website as it is subject to change)
Other Lago Vista POA (Lago Vista Property Owners Association) facts
- "Under long established Texas common law, Directors and Officers of Nonprofit Corporation HOAs are considered fiduciaries of the corporation, who owe certain fiduciary duties to the Nonprofit Corporation HOA and its Member-Homeowners." "These duties are also commonly described as the duties of obedience, loyalty, and, due care. The duty of loyalty requires that Directors and Officers must act in good faith and must not allow their personal interest to prevail over the interest of the Nonprofit HOA". "Such duty of loyalty is often described as requiring an extreme measure of candor, unselfishness, and good faith on the part of Directors and Officers" Page 125 – "Texas Homeowners Association Law" copyright 2010, by Gregory S. Cagle, a legal expert on the subject in the state of Texas
- Chapter 206 of the Texas Property Code explains that Property Owners Associations were also called Community Associations at the time our Association was started. This explains why the word "community" was used to describe the people whose interests the Association was formed to protect, the members, and not to the entire community. In the past, some on the board thought we had a "community burden" but that is false. The directors fiduciary responsibilities are to the members, and to the organization.
- On-line resources from Texas Homeowners Association Law" copyright 2010, by Gregory S. Cagle, a legal expert on the subject in the state of Texas
Lago Vista Independent School District (LVISD)
Submissions to Opinions and News
Individual Initiative Opinions and News speaks strongly and boldly when it is called for, softly and diplomatically when it isn't. In case you're one who worries about harsh rhetoric, we'd argue that calling an actual thief or coward by that label is merely a truthful description. But, if that's not convincing enough about tone, let's look at the election of 1800 in their own words as told by Reason.tv
About the local information: Here in Lago Vista, we have a small town where the City of Lago Vista City Council (COLV CC), and the Lago Vista Property Owners Association (LVPOA), have as much of a stake in our wallets, and in our local way of life as most would consider national issues to have. They should be held accountable by the current residents. Lago Vista real estate buyers or potential rentals now have another source of information to become aware of the local environment, not only of homes for sale or rentals via normal Lago Vista real estate channels, but also see how their home value and quality of life can be affected by these organizations.
Some on City of Lago Vista City Council (COLV CC), and some on the Lago Vista Property Owners Association (LV POA) board have been performing in a manner that more people should know about. It gets hostile sometimes. Several people have had others tell them they should move if we don't like it, or worse, when all we were doing was asking for them to respect our rights as paying members to use members only facilities that we pay for out of our own private dollars, in preference to the general public. Read the evidence for yourself. Lago Vista remains a wonderful area with a great deal of natural beauty, but some appear intent on destroying its charm. It's a place worth fighting for.